Organising an industry awards evening? So many things to consider; venue, entertainment, what the stage set will look like and what audio visual equipment you’ll need, etc.
Choosing the right Master of Ceremonies for your awards evening can make or break your event. Keeping the evening flowing and ensuring the audience stay engaged is an art in itself.
We’ve seen it many times. Once winners have had their moment in the spotlight (and the champagne starts flowing), they switch off. Having the right MC can keep your awards evening on track. An industry figure with charisma can work but a professional MC or the right type of celebrity is usually the best medicine.
Choosing the right TV personality/celebrity can be tricky. Price, and they can have a VERY high price(!), doesn’t always reflect on how well they perform live on stage at an industry awards evening. We’ve worked with a couple of well-known TV stars who have died on stage, not literally obviously…
We’ve worked with the best and we’ve worked with the worst but here are some the best MC’s we’ve had the pleasure of working with (or perhaps they’ve had the pleasure of working with #TeamIstead!)
A pick of the best:
- Rufus Hound – Comedian and TV celebrity
- Barry Cryer – Comedy legend
- Haley McQueen– Sky Sports News anchor
- Dave Sharpe – Professional MC, event host and communications specialist
- Rory Bremner – TV impersonator
- Tim Vine – Comedian, writer and actor
- Emma Jesson – Central TV and professional MC
- Mike Osman – Radio presenter, impressionist and entertainer
- Jonny Gould – Radio and TV presenter
- Gyles Brandreth – Author, broadcaster and entertainer
The ‘right’ MC can make a difference to the overall success of your awards ceremony so we’d definitely recommend you giving it some thought. Something that doesn’t require much thinking about though is hiring Istead to deliver your AV, it’s a no brainer! Get in touch with us today to discuss your next event.